Terms & Conditions
- Lynton Cottage is a Private Guest House. The management reserve the right to refuse guests who have not booked in advance. We also reserve the right to refuse entry to any persons in an unfit state to be received, or who appear to be unwilling or unable to pay the tariff.
- Check-in time is usually from 4pm until 9pm
- Checkout time is by 10am.
- Payment & Deposit
- A 30% non-refundable deposit per apartment is required at time of booking. Balance payment is due 42 days (6 weeks) before arrival. This is then non-refundable.
We accept payment by bank transfer or cheque. We reserve the right to refuse the booking if the bank declines the transaction.
- Cancellation Policy.- Once the deposit and Balance payments have been made, these are non-refundable. Guests are advised to take out Holiday Insurance to cover against sickness etc, with such organisations asThe Post Office.
- No Smoking - This is a strictly No Smoking establishment, in line with UK government legislation. We reserve the right to charge guests the total cost of any losses incurred, to return the premises to their previous condition. We may terminate a booking, in the event of non-co operation by guests on this matter. Smoking is permitted in the gardens or at either end of the car park. Neither is smoking permitted on the balconies or terraces. These house rules are also applicable to "vaping"
- Pets. - We have a strict No Pets policy
- Children - Children are welcome in designated apartments. There may be an additional charge. See apartment details or enquire by email.
- Under 21 - We do not accept couples under the age of 21.
- Group Bookings are welcome. Please email or telephone directly to discuss your requirements. We do not accept stag or hen parties, or large wedding parties.
- Room type -. Our guest accommodation offers a variety of apartments, so that guests may choose the most appropriate facilities for their comfort. However, we reserve the right to allocate a different Apartment, of similar style and price, in circumstances beyond our control.
- Guest Classification -We seek to exceed the standards required for 4-star guest accommodation, as defined by the major tourist agencies. This is SELF CATERING ACCOMMODATION. Self check-in. We do not provide room service or reception. As a country house style accommodation, our policy is to operate a quiet, relaxed and informal establishment. Persons wishing to party until late or play loud music should seek alternative arrangements. Lynton Cottage has a zero-tolerance policy towards any persons who cause a nuisance to other guests.
- Deliveries to Site - We do not permit supermarket deliveries to site. There is a high risk of disruption and inconvenience to other guests. The layout of the building is not conducive for drivers unfamiliar with the site to make unsupervised deliveries. There are two mini supermarkets in the village. Londis & Cost Cutter. Also a butcher and a delicatessen. All are within an easy walk of our building.